Changelog for Wonderland Engine 0.8.9.
This release features many bugfixes, some UX improvements and optimizations, especially a couple more significant but still experimental techniques.
We also released native support for Apple Silicon (e.g. M1) chips, fixed quite a few MacOS specific issues and made Wonderland Engine easier to install for Mac users.
Many thanks to our partners at playko, who sponsored features and bugfixes in this release.
- Added support for Apple Silicon chips on MacOS
- Fixed various crashes and rendering issues on MacOS
- Added orbit camera controls in Scene View (hold middle mouse button)
- Inverted default mouse panning sensitivity in Scene View
- Fixed negative mouse sensitivity not inverting mouse look for the fly camera
- Fixed “Duplicate Hierarchy” not duplicating last object in hierarchy.
- Fixed skinning on Intel UHD/HD Graphics drivers
- Fixed crash when removing the last remaining resource in Resources tables
- Fixed undo of skin duplication
- Fixed inconsistent behaviour in pipeline features
- Added uvs to default cube
- Added tangents to default primitive meshes
- Updated basis compressor yielding faster and better compression
ovrPackageNamesetting for the manifest.json template for PWAs
- Added search bars to Resources tables and froze headers to not scroll
- Improved mesh thumbnail rendering
- Removed blend equation values not supported in WebGL in Pipelines
- Improved binary size of runtime for all runtimes and especially when using runtime GLTF loading
- Improved runtime GLTF loading performance
- Fixed crash with uneven amounts of PhysX trigger shapes
- Renamed service worker cache key
- Fixed .map files being precached
- Removed support for PVRTC as ASTC is always available on iOS
- Removed unused compilation of “TextureAtlasCopyShader”
- Optimized texture uploads
- Added experimental multi draw support
- Added experimental culling optimization for use with multi draw
- Added experimental optional Pre-Z pass support
- Implemented new powerful optimizations for skin rendering sponsored
- Fixed crash when rendering more than 62 skins sponsored
- Fixed skinning with secondary joint ids and weights
- Fixed PhysX errors when deltaTime is zero
- Fixed minor working/grammar mistakes in documentation
- Fixed collision callbacks with PhysX trigger shapes
- cursor: Fixed callbacks and event listeners not removed when switching scenes
Last Update: February 11, 2022